- Eat a slice of ginger with a dash of lemon and rock salt before meals to get the digestive fire started!
- Sip warm water during meals.
- Do not drink cold water during or after meals as this will shut down the fire you require for digestion.
- For a balanced diet include all six tastes in your food i.e. sweet, salty, sour, bitter, spicy and astringent.
- Make your plate look colourful………..add the greens!
- Eat the same time every day with the main meal during lunch time which should be between 12-1p.m (the Sun being the strongest during this time and so is your digestive fire) and dinner before 7p.m. Do not eat after 8p.m.as it creates toxins in the body.
- Most important – be conscious of the food you cook and eat. Avoid arguments, dramas or upset while cooking as this automatically gets into the pot and you end up eating it!
- Likewise do not read a book, watch T.V. or be on the phone while you are eating. Remember even your stomach needs attention!
- Eat in a pleasant environment. Avoid junk, clutter, noise or smoke around you. Create a harmonious space to enjoy your food!
- Above all be thankful for your meal!
14 Jun 2019